Friday, October 8, 2010

Dairy Queen Logo

Original Logo
                                                               
Recreated Logo

For the red background, I combined an ellipse and a hexagon. In order to make it the exact shape, I added and subtracted anchor points in a long, slow process.
I used Lao UI regular for the DQ. For the trademark symbol, I created a circle using the ellipse tool. I increased the outline and set the fill to none. I then put a R, using Corbel bold, in the center.
For the yellow and blue figures, I started out with a rectangle, I then changed some anchor points around to get started, then I used the reshape tool in order to create the right shape. The reshape tool kept acting up and sometimes would not act the way it should have.
For every part, I lowered the opaqueness of the figure I was creating in order to see the shape below to match it as close as I could.




























1 comment:

  1. This is good. the only thing thats different is the letter "Q". But it is hard to find an exact font.

    ReplyDelete